You may be curious about what might possibly be better and fast than an Android TV. Since you’re probably about to upgrade from your Android TV box to something better, right? Today, I’m going to share what I discovered to be superior to Android, and how it has made a significant difference in my entertainment world.
I’ll be analyzing the Mag 254 IPTV Box and expressing my thoughts about whether it’s worth purchasing or not. Is it possible to tell if the video and audio are of good quality? What is the cost of this box and where do you get it for the cheapest price?
I’m sure you’ve got a lot of questions, and I’ll do my best to answer them all in this blog. So stick with me throughout the article so you don’t miss anything interesting because I am certain that once you’ve finished reading it, you’ll see how worthwhile it is to purchase this Mag 254 Box.
Mag 254 IPTV Box Review
The Mag 254 box is manufactured in Europe by Infomir, a Ukrainian company that specializes in IPTV set-top boxes. Although it is not the most advanced or cutting-edge IPTV decoder available, however, it is a well-designed and reliable set-top box.
This device is particularly useful for international web providers, content creators, and program intermediaries. It is mostly intended for specialist TV providers, primarily for IP-based networks. The Set-Top Box is intended to help broadband carriers, OTT companies, and news aggregators complete their programs.
Because of the MAG254/255’s improved productivity, it is now possible to run resource-intensive multimedia applications and support 3D recording. It’s a smart computer that helps you to view and listen to video and audio signals without having to store them. In a nutshell, it’s a decoder that allows you to watch TV channels.
It has a significant advantage in that it does not need the intervention of an antenna to function. Because of the MAG254/255’s improved productivity, it is now possible to run resource-intensive multimedia applications and support 3D recording.
It’s a smart computer that helps you to view and listen to video and audio signals without having to store them. In a nutshell, it’s a decoder that allows you to watch TV channels. It has a significant advantage in that it does not need the intervention of an antenna to function.
Pros and Cons
With so many benefits and features available in this device, there comes a question is this device free of flaws? Are you only going to find good points in it? And the answer is, NO.
Everything in this world consists of a bit of good and bad and so is with Mag 254 IPTV Box. I came up with 100 percent reliable benefits and drawbacks of purchasing this product after using it for a year.
- MAG254 is a reliable performer.
- A fantastic device at a fantastic price. Seriously, having it is a smart decision!
- Great Box,
- The Channel list is well-organized.
- Easy to set up and super fast with a user-friendly interface.
- It needs high internet speed.
- Power adaptor is a bit slow
- Doesn’t work on low battery charging.
The MAG254 features a 650 MHz media processor (STi H207), 512 MB of additional RAM, and an HDMI 1.4A platform that supports the best online video resolution. Increased overall efficiency allows for more resource-intensive programs and playback tools, such as 3D Online content, to be included. Below is the proper information about the hardware, you need to know before buying it.
|Processor||Single Core CPU 650 MHz|
I acknowledge that the Infomir Mag 254 system is very realistic and efficient. It has an HDMI 1.4 cable output for video output and S/PDIF audio output to make communication easier. It has 512 MB of RAM and 256 MB of flash memory in terms of memory. We must accept that this amount of space is insufficient for both backups and backup copies of the software.
However, the TV box IPTV has two USB ports that can be used to connect an external hard drive to the TV Box to increase disc memory.
The MAG254’s two USB ports provide additional options for near users, such as Internet connection via Wi-Fi, media content playback from video and image cameras and other media objects, and recording to an external storage device.
Width/depth/height, (mm) 127/87/30
The 254 is so small that the first thing that comes to mind when looking at it is, “Really?” Is a product this tiny capable of delivering what it promises?’ Certainly! The 254 packs a punch, and its compact size means it won’t take up too much space on already crowded racks, tables, or TV stands.
The dimensions are ideal for fitting it into as minimal a room as possible. You can take it out with you, to college, to hang out with your friends; in short, it fits well in your backpack or your hands.
No TV box is complete or worthy without its remote. To control the functions and processing of the channels you need to have a good remote. And Mag has left no stone behind in creating one of the best Mag TV remotes.
Talking about its remote, An IR ‘infra Red’ light source the remote control comes free for every Mag to buy, along with a pair of AA batteries. The remote configures all of Mag’s features, and although there is no keyboard on the remote, there is a keyboard button that, when pressed, brings up an on-screen keyboard.
This functionality of an onscreen keyboard wowed me and also helped me with my work.
Overall, I found the basic size, weight, and features of this remote are excellent; it doesn’t need to be aimed directly at the Mag254 to work; all you have to do is press the button from anywhere you’re seated, and it doesn’t use a lot of power, so you won’t have to replace the batteries too much.
But in case you miss the original remote, you don’t have to worry about it as there is a replacement available in the market for this remote. It’s easy to set up and use so it makes life simpler, and you can scan for content using your mobile device’s keyboard. It supports IrDA and Wi-Fi modes.
This application supports all functions of the genuine remote control for
|MAG 250||MAG 252|
|MAG 254||MAG 322|
|MAG 323||MAG 245|
|MAG 255||MAG 256|
|IPTV Emulator StbEmu||World Vision|
|It works with TV||in IrDA mode|
If your mobile lacks an IrDA (IR transmitter), please allow Remote control in the IPTV MAG Box’s System settings.
Sources Of Media Content
It is worth noting that the Mag 254 TV-Box is very advanced in terms of sound and video quality. It is compliant with all video formats, including WMV, QT, ASF, MP4, MOV, AVI, VOB, M2TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG-TS, and even MKV.
It also enables image resolutions such as 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576p, 480p, PAL and NTSC.PC and NAS on the local network, Stream media protocols (RTSP, RTP, UDP, IGMP, HTTP)
Talking about media content, there is a TV channel specifically built for MAG, known as Minister. Minister is a multi-screen TV network for the effective launch of IPTV/OTT ventures in a short timeframe. It is suitable for operators of up to 50,000 subscribers.
Mag 254 IPTV Box is a full cord-cutting option offering a variety of channels that can be used without a cable or an antenna link. The list of available channels is very large, and it also provides both free and paying channels.
Channel lists are viewed in an easy-to-follow menu format, nothing like an Android TV box, the Linux-based operating system renders it fast and stable, with no delays! Using the guide arrows on the remote control with the Back and Ok buttons is enough to pass through most menus.
IPTV set-top boxes MAG allow customers to read audiovisual content from third parties (such as television channels, movies, series, etc.). The set-top box (STB) does not contain any pre-configured content. To have access to content, you can contact the local operator who offers the respective services.
The producer of STB does not sell any content and is not liable for the nature of the content-provision services. When using STB, please take into consideration that the contents obtained may be protected by copyright or similar rights and that the dissemination of such material may be exercised only with the permission of the rights holders.
The IPTV channel list consists of single IPTV services. Each IPTV channel provides the consumer with access to some media content to play with an integrated STB player.
The IPTV channel is defined from the name (by which channel the list differs) and the URL (address of a media source linked to the channel). Additional material transmitted in the stream (various audio tracks, subtitles, Teletext, EPG, etc.) that can be engaged by the user during playback can be used in an IPTV channel.
This information is stored in the context menu of each channel while viewing (on RC, click the menu and then left/right to adjust the pages of the context menu).
Channel list layout
- There are two options for users to access the IPTV channel list:
- Click RC to exit a channel while viewing it. The IPTV channel list will appear, with the latest channel highlighted.
- Click OK on RC while watching a channel (in usual viewing mode). IPTV channel lists will appear in the foreground against the backdrop of channel replay.
The IPTV channels list window’s mainframe is split into two parts:
- The user can navigate through the channel list using the numbered channel list (left part). The current IPTV channel is highlighted;
- Info panel (right part) – shows additional information about the current IPTV service, such as its name and URL.
Using the channel list to navigate
With one of the input instruments, you can toggle through the IPTV channel list (switching between channels) (RC, keyboard, mouse). Below are certain steps that should be taken (used RC commands as an example).
- Use the Up/Down or Chan+/- keys on the RC to change to a different channel. The IPTV channels list appears in the foreground as the playback begins in the background.
Take note: After selecting a new channel, the channel replay begins after a brief pause. The user will leave the current channel during the delay period before the channel begins to playback). Navigation is sped up in this manner.
- By defining the channel number, you may automatically turn to a required channel (use number buttons on RC). This channel will be played in the background while the IPTV channel list is shown in the foreground.
- If you’re focusing on a specific channel in the chart, you can initiate playback by pressing OK on RC. In the foreground, playback begins (normal watching mode).
- Exit on RC will close the IPTV channels list and the entire IPTV channels pane.
The channel lists are shown in an easy-to-understand menu format, unlike an Android TV Box, and the Linux-based operating system ensures that it runs smoothly and without delays. Most menus can be navigated by using the path arrows on the remote control, as well as the Back and Ok keys.
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and other well-known apps are available. All of these are subscription services that can only be accessed if you have a monthly membership; otherwise, you won’t be able to access their content.
Operating system: Linux 2.6.23
DRM option: Secure Media, Verimatrix (MAG255)
Middleware supported: Stalker, Setup, SmartLabs, Netris, Beenius
There are different ways to update the software. I will be explaining some of them below:
- HTTP update from the embedded portal:
Using the commands of the embedded portal menus, you have two options for updating STB software from the manufacturer’s web server (via HTTP):
- Updates are available from the Settings menu and the System Settings menu.
- When using the traditional machine image (Factory image), the software will be upgraded to the most recent stable version of the Factory image, which can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
Updates are available from the Settings menu.
- Open the Embedded Portal’s Settings menu;
- Software auto-update is the choice you’ll want to go with.
- Choose Manually Update in the newly opened browser (F2 on RC).
- Choose the list of New releases by pressing OK in the opened Software auto-update window – the most recent available version is at the top of the list;
- Select the right version of the software;
- The progress bar and comments display the current state of the app upgrade. After the update, the STB will reboot on its own.
Update to the System Settings menu
- Go to Settings, Open System Settings (or press Setup, Services, or Set RC-depending on the type of RC); Open Software Upgrade.
- Set the method to update = HTTP.
- Push Verify (VolksK). If the test is good, you can see details regarding the release of future versions of the program.
- Push Update (F1)-to start the update. The state of the app upgrade is seen in the progress bar and the feedback.
- At the end of the software, STB would immediately reset.
Update with a USB drive
The STB program can be upgraded with a USB drive. The needed version of the app should be pre-downloaded and written to the USB drive.
USB Drive Conditions
- The USB drive must have the format of a FAT32 file system. If there is more than one partition on the USB drive, choose the first partition.
- In the circumstance of a bootloader update, if your STB has more than one USB port, the back socket will be used with the upgrade.
- Create the directory Mag<model> (<model>-basic model number: 250, 254 or 270) in the root directory of the USB drive.
Update from Bootloader menu:
The Bootloader menu is opened by the user during the STB boot process. This form of upgrade helps you to update the STB app to the Public Image.
Note! The bootstrap file should be included. It’s stored in the STB release. On the PC (preparation of USB drive)
If you need to update your STB to a factory image
- Download Bootstrap <model> from the release of the appropriate STB model; rename Bootstrap <model> to Bootstrap;
- Download the image update file from the manufacturing server: http://update.infomir.com/mag/<model>/imageupdate
- Place the image update and bootstrap files in the mag<model> directory.
If you need to update your STB to a public image
- Upload image update and bootstrap <model> files from release; rename bootstrap <model> to bootstrap;
- Place the image update and bootstrap files in the mag<model> directory.
- Connect the USB drive to the STB socket (if there are two USB sockets – you must use the rear one).
- Enter the Startloader menu;
- Select Upgrade Tools, and open it by pressing the Right button on the RC;
- Select the USB bootstrap and check it with OK;
- Wait for the update to end, the STB will be rebooted.
And just like these, there are many other options to upgrade the Mag 254IPTV Box Review app. I posted the ones I used, and they were useful to me. The software runs efficiently and attentively. YouTube functions much as the other programs on it, the menu is simple to use.
The Mag 254 IPTV BOX is a one-time buy that costs about $98. You will not have to pay weekly or annually, nor will you be required to pay it for a certain period. You will use it for the remainder of your life without costing any extra money until you’ve purchased it.
However, if you want to stream live TV, TV shows, or movies, you’ll have to pay a monthly fee to popular apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, or Hulu. If you want to use their services, you will have to pay every month.
It’s worth noting that the Infomir Mag 254 TV-Box can be found in a variety of European stores. However, the cost of it in supermarkets can be very high. I recommend making an online order to get the best deal on this TV-Box model. Many online retailers, in particular, sell the Android TV Mag 254 for a very low price.
The Joom website is highly recommended for purchasing the TV-Box at the cheapest price and the well-known distribution location, on the other hand.
Amazon is a company that sells books it can also be beneficial in the purchasing of this TV-Box. You might, on the other hand, compare rates on other e-commerce sites like Aliexpress or Gearbest.
After using the Infomir TV-Box Mag 254, I can say that this box model is very strong and well worth purchasing. For whatever reason, it won’t recognize any of the three USB sticks I’ve plugged in, but it recognizes my 2TB external hard drive without issue. I’ve even been unable to link it to my computer to download files, but I’m almost certain that’s due to user error and Win7, as I despise attempting to do it.
Its architecture is sleek and understated, rendering it a simple TV Box to set up. In terms of audiovisual efficiency, this TV-Box platform is adequate, but it does not outperform its industry rivals.
There is no WIFI on the Mag, but you can buy an extra USB WIFI dongle from the manufacturer, which I think is a bit cheeky and something the factory should put in the pack.
Despite pointing out the drawbacks, I remain convinced that this is the right option for IPTV systems; we are waiting for the latest edition, which we hope will include Wi-Fi.
After reading this Mag 254 IPTV article, I hope you see how worthwhile this product is to purchase. This device’s functionality and price are just incredible.
If I were to make a recommendation, I would go for the Mag 254 IPTV model because it allows you to watch videos in a 4K HDR and play games. Aside from that, you can sideload 3rd-party apps to watch free movies, TV shows, anime, and other content.
I have been using this Mag IPTV Box for a long time now and I won’t regret saying that I have fallen in love with it.
I’ve sought to explain every part of this device. However, if you have any other questions or queries about this review, please leave them in the comments section below.
I would love to answer them. Do let your friends know about this amazing device and this informative article.